Welcome to the Query Portal, which is one of the main sections of this documentation. Here you can find more information on performing XPath and XQuery requests. Apart from standard features, BaseX offers numerous extensions, which are listed on this page.
- Full-Text: full-text features of XQuery
- Update: update mechanism of XQuery
- XQuery 3.0: supported features of the upcoming W3C XQuery 3.0 Recommendation
- Java Bindings: how to call Java code from XQuery
- Errors: errors raised by XQuery expressions
|Database||Accessing the database and indexes.||
|Full-Text||Performing full-text operations.||
|Utility||Testing and profiling functions.||
|File||File handling, inspired by the EXPath File module.||
|ZIP||ZIP, based on the EXPath ZIP module. Version 6.5.2||
|HTTP||Sending HTTP requests, based on the EXPath HTTP module.||
|Math||Mathematical operations, extending the W3C Working Draft.||
Note that all namespace URIs are statically bound in BaseX, i.e., they need not be declared in the query prolog. All XQuery 3.0 functions are listed in the XQuery 3.0 Functions and Operators draft; we have added a list of all new functions that are already supported by BaseX.
Queries will be analyzed and optimized for index access on the fly.