Welcome to the Query Portal, which is one of the Main Sections of this documentation. BaseX provides an implementation of the W3 XPath and XQuery languages, which are tightly coupled with the underlying database store. High conformance with the official specifications is one of our main objectives, as the results of the XQuery Test Suite demonstrate. This section contains general information on the query processor and its numerous extensions.
- XQuery 3.0: supported features of the upcoming XQuery 3.0 Recommendation
- Full-Text: XPath/XQuery Full Text extends the language with powerful retrieval features.
- Updates: databases can be modified via the XQuery Update extension
- Java Bindings: how to access and call Java code from XQuery
- Errors: errors raised by XQuery expressions
- Serialization: serialization parameters supported by BaseX
- XQuery Modules: additional functions provided by BaseX
- Packaging: embedding of external function modules, based on the EXPath Packaging System