Welcome to the Query Portal. Here your find more information on performing XPath and XQuery requests. Apart from standard features, BaseX offers numerous extensions, which are listed on this page.
- Full-Text: full-text features of XQuery
- Update: update mechanism of XQuery
- Java Bindings: how to call Java methods from XQuery
- Try/Catch: how to use a try/catch construct in XQuery
- Database (db): Database-related functions
- Full-Text (ft): Full-text functions
- Utility Functions (util): Testing and profiling functions
- Math Functions (math): functions for mathematical operations
- File Functions (file): functions for file handling, inspired by the EXPath File Module
- HTTP Functions (http): Full-text functions, based on the EXPath HTTP Client Module
A complete list of the standard XQuery 3.0 functions is found in the Official W3C Specification.
Queries will be analyzed and optimized for index access on the fly.