Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Resources in databases can be opened and modified.
- XPath/XQuery expressions can be run by the query processor of BaseX.
Access Database Resources
- First, start the BaseX WebDAV service.
- Go to menu Options → Preferences → Data Sources
- In the Connections panel, click the New button (
- Enter "BaseX-WebDAV" as connection name
- Select "WebDAV" in the Data Source combo box
- Fill in the appropriate connection details. Below, the default values are shown:
- Set the URL to
- Set the user name to
- Set the password to
- Set the URL to
- Now press OK, and your Data Source is ready for use
You can now open single database files as follows:
- Choose File → Open URL....
- Enter the corresponding user name and password (if needed), the URL of the BaseX WebDAV Server, and then click "Browse".
- Download one of the complete BaseX distributions (ZIP, EXE)
- Charles Foster's XQJ implementation provides a default (client/server) and a local driver. If you want to use the first flavor, you need to start a BaseX Server instance
- Start oXygen and go to Options → Preferences → Data Sources
- Add a new Data Source with the New button (
- Enter "BaseX-XQJ" as connection name and choose XQuery API for Java (XQJ) as type
- Add the following JAR files above with the Add Button:
basex-xqj-1.3.0.jar(the versions of the JAR file may differ). If you add the BaseX library as well
basex7.9.jar, you can also use the local XQJ driver.
- Unter "Driver class", choose the default or the local XQJ driver (
- Press OK
- Press New (
+) in the Connection Panel below.
- Enter Name "BaseX" and select "BaseX-XQJ" in the Data Source box.
- If you use the default driver, you need to enter connection details:
- Server name:
- Now press OK, and your connection is ready.
The query execution works as follows:
- Configure a new transformation scenario in Window → Show View → Transformation Scenarios.
- Choose the XQuery Transformation tree entry.
- Press the
plussign to add a new scenario.
- Enter a Name and an optional XML and XQuery URL (e.g. your query document/file).
- Choose "BaseX" as Transformer from the combo box.
- Press OK, and your scenario is ready. Now you can start the transformation, e.g. by clicking on the red Play button.
- The results should immediately occur in the result panel.
--CG 14:45, 29 January 2015 (CET)