Developing with Eclipse
BaseX is being developed with the Eclipse environment. Some style guidelines are integrated in the sources of BaseX; they are being embedded as soon as you open the project.
The Subclipse Plugin is needed to check out the latest sources from our repository. Next, we recommend to use the m2eclipse plugin to add Maven support to Eclipse. Some additional guidelines are defined via Checkstyle and can be integrated with the eclipse-cs plugin.
To checkout BaseX, do the following:
- File » Import
- SVN » Check out Projects from SVN
- Use the repository https://svn.uni-konstanz.de/dbis/basex and click "Browse"
- Choose the project you like:
- Click Finish
Run BaseX with Eclipse
- Press Run » Run…
- Create a new "Java Application" launch configuration
- Select "basex" as "Project"
- Choose a "Main class" (e.g.,
org.basex.BaseXWinfor the graphical user interface)
- Launch the project via "Run"
Compile & Run BaseX
If the standalone version of Maven
is installed, you can run
mvn compile in the project directory
to compile BaseX.
java -cp target/classes/org.basex.BaseX to run BaseX.
You can launch the following classes, which are all placed in the
org.basex main package:
- console mode
- server instance, waiting for requests
- console mode, interacting with the server
- graphical user interface
-h to have a look at the available command-line options.
For example, you can evaluate XQuery expressions or process database commands without
entering the console.